Hindu Sevika Samiti (Uganda)
Hindu Sevika Samiti is a voluntary, non-profit women’s cultural organization. Established in the late 1970’s, the organisation now has several branches across Kenya.
Mission Statement and Objectives
Hindu Sevika Samiti, through its activities, encourage girls and women to learn, practise and preserve universal Hindu values, to build self confidence, cultivate a sense of social consciousness and achieve all round development in order to face the challenges and rigours of the modern era. This, we hope will lead to individuals who proactively contribute and eventually become integral members of the culture, society and country in which they live.
- We strive to meet our aims by providing a balanced and diverse range of activities for the young and the old. The following are some few example of activities carried out on a weekly basis at our local branches:
- Yoga and physical exercise – For physical fitness, mental calmness and focus.
- Games and workshops – A fun way to learn teamwork, friendship and co-ordination.
- Lectures – To share knowledge on a variety of subjects.
- Discussions and debates – To enable people to exchange opinions, communicate and increase interpersonal skills.
- Celebration of festivals – To learn about our history, heritage and culture.